What Are My Rights?

Paid Family Leave provides partial income replacement to you while you are on leave if you have paid into State Disability Insurance (SDI) and you are eligible, but it does not guarantee job protection during your leave. However, you may be eligible for job-protected leave through the federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the California Family Rights Act (CFRA) or the California Pregnancy Disability Leave (PDL) law. If you are a union member, you may have the right to job-protected leave through a collective bargaining agreement.

You can learn more about your rights by visiting our Ask Us section. You can also learn more by visiting our Workplace Resources page, or by contacting Legal Aid at Work at (800) 880-8047.

If you need help with a claim, contact the Employment Development Department or call (877) 238-4373.